Want to participate in the Cooperative Pitch? That’s great! Here’s what you need to know to enter:
- The minimum age to enter is 16 years.
- To participate you will need a team of at least three persons; coops are member-owned businesses with democratic control, so it’s all about the WE 😉 (not ME).
- For the Sports Club category, you must be representing an existing member-owned football, cricket or sailing sports club.
- At least one member must have participated in our Cooperative Power Workshop.
- If your team members attended BEDC’s November 5th & 6th Coop Champions Workshop you do not have to participate in the Introduction to Cooperatives Power Workshop
- At least 2/3rds of your team must be Bermudian.
What is the date of the Coop Pitch Final Competition?
The preliminary Pitches (1st round) for everyone will take place on Wednesday, March 4th at BEDC, 6pm to 9pm.
The Coop Pitch Finals will be held Wednesday, March 11th at a venue TBC.
What are the Prizes?
There will be three overall competition winners, including a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize.
- 1st Place: $5,000 Startup Cash + Services
- 2nd Place: $3,000 Startup Cash + Services
- 3rd Place: $1,000 Startup Cash + Services
- Prize winner will also have the opportunity to take part in the BEDC Enterprise Bermuda Incubator Program, which includes the following services:
- Complimentary access to BEDC’s educational courses and programmes;
- Free office space with 24 hour access
- Use of meeting and training facilities
- An assigned Business Development Officer
- Access to mentors
- Access to pro-bono or subsidized services in areas such as marketing, accounting, legal support, and web development
- International training/learning experience
Want to find out more? Attend our brief INFO Sessions!