APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR THE FOURTH COHORT OF THE ENTERPRISE BERMUDA INCUBATOR
Hamilton, Bermuda 8 February 2021 – Are you a start-up seeking to accelerate the growth of your business in its early years? Are you an early-stage entrepreneur looking for a nurturing environment to validate your business idea? If so, then submit your application for the fourth cohort of the Enterprise Bermuda Incubator. This free incubator programme started by the Bermuda Economic Development Corporation (BEDC) in February of 2018 is a twelve-month incubation programme to support local entrepreneurs and the development of their businesses.
The Enterprise Bermuda Incubator is focused on walking participants through an in-depth twelve- month development process, to ensure that entrepreneurs get beyond the idea stage and start to bring their businesses to fruition. Eight (8) successful applicants will receive assistance with analyzing and refining their business idea, so they can best determine if it will work in – and beyond – the Bermuda market. Participants are provided with complimentary access to BEDC’s educational courses and programmes; free and subsidized office space; an assigned business development Officer and personalized mentoring with industry experts. In addition, successful applicants will receive access to pro-bono or subsidized services in areas such as marketing, accounting, legal support, and web development and more.
With the third cohort ending, BEDC has seen eight new businesses launch and grow within Bermuda’s economic landscape. Since the commencement of the programme, twenty-two new businesses have been launched and 65+ jobs created as a result. The third cohort saw the following businesses blossom:
- Kori Hypolite, the owner of Equilateral Studio, is helping clients develop strategies and design for better, stronger brands. She is working towards growing her business and has taken on the challenge of pivoting her business during Covid-19 to serve more clients and help more companies.
- Gwendolyn Creary is the brilliant mind behind Parent Guide BDA – an Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health Consultancy that partners with parents and early childhood professionals to improve the social, emotional and behavioural health of young children, birth to 8 years of age. Since joining BEDC’s Enterprise Bermuda Incubator Programme, Gwendolyn has been fine tuning her business so that her wealth of knowledge and experience shines through.
- Ranae Kai Bean is the heart of Spirit of Love (SOL). Through SOL Renae works to coach others to live their absolute healthiest lives, incorporating the importance of love, exercise and nutrition into your every day life activities and experiences.
- Dr. Jana Outerbridge, owner of Mayvera Wellness, designed a service that is committed to giving special attention to the healing, empowerment and development of women and girls. Jana is quickly growing her business, adapting to current times and has developed many virtual experiences.
- Adam Johnson, founder of the Marooned Ocean Foundation continues to work to give back to the ocean and has set goals to be a part of the solution, solving the problem of the health of our oceans.
- Tyun Smith-Ming has been working tirelessly on his business Drix Organic Medleys. Tyun began his journey by launching a great line of all-natural skin and hair products. He is now branching out into the organic juice world.
- Zalika Millet developed her plan for Living, Learning, Legends – an alternative to traditional learning that is focused on building a curriculum for young children that encompasses all learning styles and strives to meet the needs of all students.
- Marcelle Lawrence, owner of Eco Island Travel is working to further develop her business and bring it to the global market. Eco Island Travel aims to provide a platform to inspire, empower, and engage travellers and travel providers in practices that support sustainable travel goals. Marcelle has had to pivot her business because of Covid-19, but has done so gracefully and is currently working on developing new marketing strategies.
“The Enterprise Bermuda Incubator has been more than a success. I have enjoyed working alongside my colleagues to assist these entrepreneurs grow their businesses,” says Jamillah Lodge, Director of Communication & Development at BEDC. Marcelle Lawrence, owner of Eco Island Travel continues, “Participating in the EBI connected me to the invaluable resources offered by BEDC. From a wealth of courses, to connecting with other budding entrepreneurs, the expertise of the BEDC officers and quality office space and facilities, the EBI was a great place to test and launch my business ideas!”
The fourth cohort of the Enterprise Bermuda Incubator will start on April 1st, 2021. Applications can be completed online at www.bedc.bm and will close on Monday, March 15th, 2021. Interviews of short-listed applicants will take place during the week of March 22nd, 2021.